What's Your Christmas Decorating Style?

Here is the link to my latest story, published on HOUZZ.com.au

I'm really excited about this one - it was hard to narrow Christmas decorating styles down to just ten, but I've attempted to capture a range of looks that people will like and relate to.

I hope you'll click on the story and comment on your preferred style. Do you have a definite look for Christmas (traditional red and green; monochrome and metallics; shabby chic or rustic?) style or do you like to mix it up a little?

http://www.houzz.com.au/ideabooks/34166269/list/whats-your-christmas-decorating-style

Here are some of my favourite pics from the last few years,  illustrating how I like to mix it up a bit by using different festive accessories and styles:

Crafty - pom poms in glassware make for a softer look than baubles.


I love collecting embroidery hoops for framing fabric remnants.


A blue and white theme is not my usual style, but these hand-painted wooden hanging ornaments didn't have to go on the tree to be enjoyed.


Larrabee platinum spot by Kate Spade makes a perfect Christmas setting.


These little pink trees from the $2 shop were too cute to be tacky.


Loved the contrast of the hand sewn heart in the mercury glass. These were my best find from the Reject Shop last year.


My adored found-by-the-roadside chair suits a Christmas scene to a tee.


Decorating with letters.


Baking fun.


Sometimes a simple wire ornament is all you need.

Comments

Popular Posts