A Week's Worth of Favourites

It was one of those weeks where we all spun like tops, careering from one dizzying task to another, with a few head colds thrown into the mix (which may account for some of the dizzy spells..). Jonathan was frantically busy, which meant we hardly saw him, but thankfully he was around for the extra early morning start on the day Jesse went to the swimming carnival. Not my forte (early starts or swimming!).

Thankfully, there were highlights from the last seven days to make up for the mayhem in between. Okay, so I didn't make it to the school assembly where Jesse was giving a speech (10 out of 10 on the mother-guilt table, this one!) but I did get everyone where they were supposed to be (mostly), help a friend, bake oatmeal choc-chip cookies one afternoon, and do some fun things with the kids (to make up for the more angst-ridden moments the rest of the time…)

Last Saturday saw us at another Book launch at the Children's Bookshop in Beecroft. We're old hands at these events now. We know to get there early to get our books signed and photos taken BEFORE the crowds arrive. Jacqueline Harvey, the lovely author of the Alice-Miranda series, has boundless energy and enthusiasm and the girls and I had a blast.


If you are looking for some excellent reading material for girls aged 8-10: think boarding schools, exotic destinations, mysteries to be solved, the occasional baddie, adventurous girls and friendships at their best - these are definitely worth checking out! Plus the cover art is so cute!

Source

Then I heard this fab song on the radio (ABC 702!) and have been bopping to it ever since. I don't know what it is about but it is strangely compelling. Go check out Gooey by Glass Animals.

Monk Pear tea by T2. Thank you to my sister-in-law who reminded me that life is too short to drink bad tea (I always have at least three half-drunk cups sitting around the house that I've lost interest in).
I was so taken with this mantra that I shared it with Jonathan, who did feel the need to point out that this tea is $14 per 100g, which is a lot more than a mere supermarket blend blah blah blah. But yes, I was able to point out, if I never finish a cup of supermarket blend, and can actually reuse these leaves if I so chose  (see, I'm so thrifty people!) then I'm probably saving us all money. Anyway, it tastes fabulous so I'm drinking it from now on.

Then in an op shopping win I found this gorgeous tea set (from T2) for $5. The quality is not great (Wedgwood it is not) - but for a shot of red rose opulence to improve your mood on a dull day - this would be my first choice! But keep your heads down, it's gone straight to the present cupboard!



Arch continues to have a blast at preschool. By the end of the second day he is so droopy tired, but also happy and proud.
Everywhere we go he grabs my legs and whispers: "Tell them I'm at preschool now!"

His room at home has become a mini art gallery - those paintings just keep on coming!


I had a chance to check out the nostalgia vintage shop with a friend after school drop off.
I caught sight of this canvas hat box and had to steady myself (swooning can be dangerous in public places). It needs a clean and perhaps the stains wouldn't come out? But the red and white stripes were like so Ralph Lauren eat your heart out!


Sorely tempted!

Also loved this little collection of wall mounted glazed pottery shell vases. Don't be put off by the scary plaster head.


And then at the end of this crazy busy week I took all the kids to a local antique shop packed with so much stuff general manoeuvring is fraught with danger! But hey, we like a challenge! It's been a local icon for decades and developers have just bought the site. More hideously ugly apartment blocks to appear I guess. The owner swears he'll reopen somewhere else, but seriously? How will he ever move all this stuff??

It's always worth the challenge of getting all four kids inside to see their eyes nearly popping out of their heads. Yes, this is what home should could be like!!!





aNd here's Arch discovering old phones - yes my vision was going blurry at this point. We made a break for it and left!

Hope you had a great week too!

Comments

Popular Posts