A few of my favourite things..

I thought I'd give you a glimpse in to my treasure trove. It is a slightly battered but character-filled old administrative cupboard, currently residing in my kitchen. It may not look like much from the outside, but the doors open to reveal 24 pigeon holes: Collector's heaven! Some of the shelves have old typewritten labels still stuck to them. My favourite says: Naval Documents. Who owned the cupboard before me? Maybe a retired ship's captain, or an anally retentive pirate? I'll never know. But as you can see I've had no trouble in filling it with my treasured collection of cups, saucers, teapots, bowls and assorted bits of china and glass that makes up my ever evolving collection. I've long held the view that life's too short not to drink your tea from wedgwood china.


..and today's fabulous bargain is: A book by Nigella Lawson KITCHEN: Recipes from the Heart of the Home found in Target for $12!
http://www.nigella.com/books/view/kitchen-33
I was actually searching for Lego - we have 3 out of 4 children's birthdays between now and Christmas (a ridiculous planning error on Jonathan's our part) but I picked up this heavy book and in tribute to my eternally optimistic state gave it to my 4 year old to scan. $12!!! Mim announced. That can't be right!" I stated authoritatively. "It was only published last year, it must be at least $30" I strode to the do-it-yourself scanner (love those by the way) and sure enough, $12!!
Now I would urge you all to rush to your nearest TARGET to scoop up this wonderfully luscious cookbook yourself, but I have just the smallest fear that my bargain was due to some scanning glitch that was instantly fixed by an appalled management the moment we left the store. However, if you're an optimist like me, you'll ignore that last bit and already be on your way! And now I'm off to attempt some new recipes:-)

Comments

  1. Loving your blog Sarah...I completely agree about drinking tea out of your favourite china...Mine is usually burleigh ware :)
    Must try to get to Target!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow brilliant bargain hunting! I've got 'kitchen' -was a gift from mum. Think nigella is a fantastic writer too. By the way I've got a few sarahs kitchen design and the handles of the mugs tend to break off very easily. Doesn't seem to happen to the cups....perhaps it's ancient battered peters of Kensington stock? Ps this is Lisa, I logged in using gmail account & evidently I'm Jane to google ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, I'm abit shocked to hear that the handles have been falling off your mugs. Are they the newer designs that are not made in england? (if it just has 'england' written on base it may mean they were outsourced). Dear me WW is definitely not what it used to be. Anyway, try ebay for replacements! sbdx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts